Are you newly separated or currently going through a separation or divorce? Our checklist will help you take control of your documents, home and your technology to avoid tracking and snooping by your Ex.
1. Ditch your phone.
- Move your phone to a separate account that only you control
2. Check your kids’ Phones & Tablets.
- If your children have phones or tablets that your Ex controls, they can be used as tracking devices. Turn them off or move them to your account.
3. Set up a new email account.
- Use a strong password
- Forward emails from your other account if necessary
4. Change all Passwords/Login info/email addresses associated with:*
- Email Account(s)
- Social Media
- Apple ID – iCloud – iTunes – Google Play
- Computers / Laptops
- Security Cameras
- Garage / Gate Codes
- Wi-Fi (Verify that you have a password setup and/or change it)
- Online Banking
- All apps (Uber, Netflix, Venmo, eBay)
- 401K, IRA’s, Insurance, Credit Cards, Mortgage, Car loans, Student loans
5. Find out if your car has GPS integrated. If it does, take control of the account and/or get it turned off.
6. Secure all personal documents and create digital copies.
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage license
- Deed(s) to home(s)
- Car Title(s)
- Medical Records
7. Bank Accounts- create a list of all known bank accounts including bank name, account numbers, account types and general description of what they are used for.
8. Notify all professionals that you do business with that you are going through a divorce or are separated.
- Insurance Agent
- Real Estate Professional
If you need assistance or have questions, feel free to call us at 949-900-3400.
“Is My House Bugged” VIDEO
“Best Password App- LastPass” VIDEO
“What Happens When your Lose Access to Your Family Computer” VIDEO